Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

REUSE Is Jeanius (forgive me ... it's Friday)

Interviewed owner of local sustainable lifestyle boutique Super Citizen this week for an upcoming post for Fashion at Liberty, and she introduced me to REUSE Jeans. Specifically, a pair of cargos that I would love to add to my closet:


Recharged cargo pant, $95

After having browsed the website, there are a couple of other pairs I wouldn't mind having as well:


ReFashion pant, $95


ReBorn jeans, $95

While I'm not a huge fan of how they styled these pictures (where did they find these heels??), REUSE's practice of using materials from tossed-aside scraps from the fashion industry to create practical, stylish staples is worth the look.

According to the Environmental Protection Agency, Americans generated more than 11.8 million tons of waste in 2006. REUSE uses textile waste and produces their wears in China, and their products are around 80 percent recycled fabric.

While I'd stick to my selections, they also have men's jeans, jackets, vests, shorts and skirts (I would have loved the skirts when I was in high school, and I'm sure my sister would love them, along with most of the collection, now. Great gift for a younger girl?).

Now go forth and enjoy your Aloha Friday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment