Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Update Time! A Lil Warby Parker and Oliberté

Hey all (PS I'm interspersing pretty pictures I've taken on the islands recently for all you wintered-in folks :)),

Friend hanging 5 at Baby Makapu'u's

Sorry for my prolonged absence -- you know how sometimes everything just piles up at once? Well it's been one of those months. I have three features stories to research and write (topics: O'ahu's only slaughterhouse, ocean artist Heather Brown, and Roxy model and longboarder Kelia Moniz... not too shabby), an entire magazine to copy edit, five nights of restaurant work, and...

OH, right, I got a p/t job with one of my fave blog finds, Oliberté! I'm absolutely stoked and so flattered. As of yet, I'm mostly just handling admin, but eventually I'll also be pulling a lot of online and social media outreach weight, and I largely have this blog to thank.

My lovely friend Charisa

However, this job has also had me pondering how to be open with all of you about the new commitment, yet honest about my research and opinions. I don't want to do Oliberté wrong by plugging competition, but I also need to maintain my own perspective and develop my thoughts on the socially conscious business and nonprofit industry.

Yes, we have a theater out here

So here's what I've decided -- I will tell you all if I feel like it conflicts, but will stick to my guns; meaning even if it isn't necessarily in Oliberté fashion, I'm going to share how I feel appropriate and interesting. I also will not misleadingly promote the company, or be sneaky at all. If I'm excited about something awesome we're doing, I'll share and give a heads up. Deal? Deal. Holler at me if you disagree or have better ideas!

Late-night adventure

In the meantime, check out these awesome Warby Parker glasses I will be waiting for patiently all the way over here in tropical paradise:


They're the Begley in Whiskey Tortoise -- what's awesome about Warby Parker is that they let you order up to 5 types of glasses to try on and then return ... unless you live on the islands, so I'm just hoping they look as awesome on as they do here. I'm sure I'll let you all know.

SO, there's that! I hope to be updating the blog more frequently, and also be guest posting over at Fashion at Liberty, but a lot of change is in the air, so it's a bit tenuous -- I'll do my best to keep you all in the loop.

Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment